Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Hortons

A long time ago, before I was a mom, I was a nanny. To me it was WAY more than a job. These kids were family. Their parents were family. I have been so lucky and blessed to be an honorary Horton.

Annie Horton, my second mom and sister too. A mentor and a friend. Our relationship started when I took care of her son Jamie. I got to take care of him off and on from 9-13. Through her friendship I was connected with her brother Peter when I moved to LA. You mean I get to take care of two batches of Horton kids? Yes please!


The LA Hortons are Peter, Nicole, Lily and Ruby. I took care of Lily and Ruby from when they were 3 and 6 - 6 and 9. Now Ruby is nine and Lily is eleven! What? They are two of the coolest, kindest and funniest gals I know.


Marigold meeting Peter, Nicole and Lily. Such a surreal moment to watch Lily hold my baby. She was so great with her. It was very evident by the end of the two days that Peter had a calming and peaceful effect of Marigold. I think she was flirting.

My dear and wonderful friend Nicole with her eldest daughter holding my daughter.

Nicole wrangles the Horton ladies to entertain Marigold at the restaurant so I can eat. Now that's love and family.
Seeing the sweet, strong and ever present man that Jamie has become (far left) makes me weepy every time I see him. He is so good. He has always known just who he is.

This is a blurry cell phone picture that Lily took but it makes me cry. It really shows my two worlds meeting. My children before I had children meeting and connecting with my own child. It was a magical new year for me. Too much time had passed since our last gathering and in that time EVERYTHING in my world had changed. Everything except my connection to this amazing family. I love them deeply and dearly. I'm so happy to share them and that love with my Goldie.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, sweet, sweet. How lucky we all are to have a little piece of Fidelia.

    *Eva

    ReplyDelete