Teething sucks. So does crying it out and colds. It especially sucks when they all happen at once. I'm so tired and truly can't remember the last time I slept thru the night. It's been a rough week and a half in the Schoolcraft house and I feel like I'm just making it up as I go along. Marigold has always dealt really well with getting a cold. Sure it's only happened twice before this one but I thought I knew how it would play out. Wrong again mama. I guess teething makes all things terrible and a cold is no exception. Once she's up, usually around 10 or 11 pm, she's up for 2 hours or more! Nothing can make her comfortable, she wants to be held or poking/pulling me in the eye, nose or hair, but that's not all that great either. I'm so okay with doing all that work to get her back to sleep. My heart just breaks for her. What really hurts is when she's up again 2 or 3 hours later. Big sigh and pain in my body and heart. I want to be able to let her cry it out but something physically happens inside of me. It hurts and pulls and I cannot ignore it or sleep thru it. I think the cold is on it's way out. The teething will be up and down for a stretch. Her focus on crying until someone responds is unshakable. She's a tough cookie. We have been spoiled by her sleeping up to this point and hate the thought of reverting. Does anyone have any advice or know how on sleep training with out torturing mama or baby?
Look how cute she is! Why doesn't she like to sleep?
Hi lady,
ReplyDeleteI can't let Truman cry it out either. I try to wait 5-7 minutes, just to see if he will settle back down. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. Have you tried those homeopathic teething tabs? We have had teething easy, so I never broke them out, but I heard they work.
xo
*Update - She slept thru the night last night and took a good nap today. I think we can beat this cold and teething thing. Positive thinking. No more Negative Nelly. She was all smiles today.
ReplyDeleteMairead - I have those tablets and they do help but wear off. Her first tooth gave her no trouble at all and her second wasn't too bad either so we were unprepared. I think it's the combo effect of the sickie face/toothache.