You know how I've been behind on my blogging since I discovered the whole instagram thing? Well, having two kids isn't going to make it any better folks!
Marigold started the 4th of July with a little light reading. She's getting better at the whole "cheese" thing.
Adelaide wasn't sure she wanted to be awake for the festivities.
So she wasn't! Baby rules!
We spent most of the day outside which is a-o-k with our little big girl.
I can't get enough of this outfit on her. What a dolly.
These two look alike and I really like the way they look.
She's good at celebrating a good hit.
Welles was shagging balls for his big brother. Could I love shorty overalls any more? The answer is no. SO cute.
A couple of serious hitters.
This is what she looks like while yelling, "Ready Rik?"
The real serious hitter. Kids got skillz.
Eva did an impromptu family photo shoot for us. We didn't have one at the hospital ( clears throat - second child syndrome) so this was great. I want to frame a couple and add them to the hallway shots of Marigold. Side vanity note - I'm happy to say I'm looking a lot less swollen than these shots already.
Marigold's birth shots were black and white so I'm thinking I should do the same for Adelaide's. Maybe I'll do one color and two B&W's? I don't know...
Eva demonstrates her patriotism.
Welles was the only kid that wasn't cautious around the flames. He oo'd and awed and wanted to get up close and personal.
Marigold wanted to get snuggled up with the snakes.
It was so nice to get to celebrate in a mellow way with some great friends so soon after Adelaide's arrival.
And now for your viewing pleasure...
What happens when Marigold holds a sparkler during a photo shoot? Mama gets smacked!
Eva couldn't have snapped this at a better/funnier time. I love how Casey is just smiling perfectly.
What else do you do after that? Laugh, cause it's funny. Happy Birthday America!!





















I am laughing so hard at that picture still! It's classic.
ReplyDeleteYou four make a gorgeous family. Sorry the photo shoot was so rushed!
I loved that our families spent the 4th together. We feel, as always-always, so grateful for you.