Monday, May 9, 2011

Let them eat cake...

It's crazy that I haven't posted about Marigold's first birthday yet. She turned one on April 25th. We had a small party at the the park and the sun blessed us with it's presence. I'm not sad she's one but I think her birthday reminded me of how fast this amazing experience is going to be. I want to be present. I want to feel it all and embrace each day. I am the luckiest mama ever.



First birthday = First sugar ever. I made the cupcakes and cream cheese frosting so I could know exactly what she was eating. Yes, I'm that crazy mom. I stupidly thought she might not even like it. HA!! She ate all the frosting first in internal bliss. Like no one else was there.


Thanks to everyone who sent me pictures. I was way too engaged to take any myself and am so glad to have some document of the day. First year of parenting, check.

Delaeny came all the way from Yakima! Her birthday is next:)

She got way too many presents. This girl is spoiled... I mean loved.

She had lots of help opening gifts. All the kids took turns revealing the loot.

And did I mention cake? Cake is good.

Seriously good.

One Year Stats:
Length - 30 in - 80%
Weight - 21 lbs 5 oz - 55%
Head Circumference - 18.11 in - 77%

One year old and still perfect. Isn't she amazing?!

No comments:

Post a Comment