I love our community in West Seattle. There were so many afternoon and early evening Halloween options for the little trick-or-treater. We went up to the Admiral Business District and went from store front to store front. It was the perfect amount of activity for a 18 month old.
We were excited all day! Who's still excited?
A duck and her raisins. She carried that pail the whole time. She caught on to what was going on really quickly. Even though she didn't know what candy was, she knew that the actions were fun and rewarding somehow.
There was a giant fuzzy spider at the sporting goods store and when you got close to it, it was pulled up into the air. This was a real experience for little miss. She was so excited and a little sceptical of this spiders intentions. I'm pretty sure she peed.
Towards the end we ran into another duck. Can you believe it? Marigold couldn't. She thought she was such a lucky duck.
Hooray! Eva got one with all of us looking! One of M's eyes is hiding but that's still pretty good. On our way to the car we even went to a couple houses. She was so into it. I love love LOVE doing stuff like this with her. It's amazing to watch her learn and grow and experience.
When we got home Casey did the fatherly candy safety check and we let her play. She would dump it out and load it in. What more was there to do? This was so fun! Next year she'll know what's more fun. Sugar high.
Tired and thrilled with her loot. It was a great Halloween. I hope I still get to pick her costume next year. I already have a few ideas.....







Super de duper cute! I am going to try to be on blogs again. I finally have a bit of space in my world. :)
ReplyDelete