Friday, March 2, 2012

New Wave

It seems like every time I turn around, Marigold is saying or doing something new. It's all clicking by so fast I thought I'd better blog a few things before I forget.

She loves to ooh and awe while eating. "So yummy!", "Mmm, mm, mmm" and "Hey Ma, Da, we eat!" are among her faves. She also likes to ask for "A bite?" while I'm cooking or eating. Favorite foods to ask for are:
Raisi's - raisins
Appysauce
gilk - milk
cheese
yam
amon - banana
nack - snack, general term for crunchy stuff like pirates booty or cheerios.
strawberries or blueberries - said surprisingly clear.

She loves to open conversation with, "Hey, I know!" followed by whatever idea she has. That can also be jazzed up by including who she wants to pay attention. Like, "Hey Ma, Da, I know!" She calls us Mama/Mommy and Dada but when addressing us together she turns us into one entity, MaDa.

She loves to play hide and seek and is terrible at it! She's great at the counting part. She covers her eyes and counts to ten, sometimes farther which sounds like, "too-tee, too-ee, too-tee." That's the "teens" to her. Pretty smart right?

She loves to play on the bed. "Bed on?" Which is usually followed by, "a ball?" She and Casey have a game where they bounce the ball off the walls and catch it. Dad game. She also loves to play night-night. She says night-night and pretends to sleep, including a copy of her mama's fake snore which cracks me up every time. Next we excitedly get "up!" "it's light!". Over and over. You know how it goes.

My favorite thing she says that melts me every time is "happy". She says it a lot. When we are leaving the house to go visit Eva, Finn(her fave person right now) and Welles. When we're sitting down to dinner. When we're playing outside or at a toddler gym. I'm always blown away at her ability to identify that about herself and articulate it. The other side of that is she says "sad" when we're at a store and a baby is crying. What a little feeler I have.

Coloring is still a favorite. She loves to do "spirals" and draw grandpa. She still loves to name all her letters and now numbers too. House/kitchen is still the king or should I say queen in our house. The cookie baking set from my Mom is played with every day with out fail. She asks to get the "cookies out?" and we set them up on the tray and return them to their container for hours. This love of all things kitchen has turned into her standing on a chair and watching Mama cook.

She loves to find the "moon at night", she says "Yes" and "no" with equal enthusiasm, loves Elmo and could read books all day. She repeats everything. You think she can't say it, she can. She loves to say "sister" and repeat and approve of the names we throw her way. She is joy.

I always knew I'd love being a Mom but every new turn and shared experience with her makes my heart grow in a way I never thought possible. I can't believe I get another one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment