Tuesday, January 3, 2012

All day play dates for Mama

A new and wonderful thing that we've discovered lately is called all day playdates. This means you get together with a couple other Moms and have the kids play, eat lunch and nap all at the same house. It's a chance for socialization and creative play for the kids AND the adults. I am just always blown away at how much I appreciate having awesome Mom friends in my life. Having time to catch up and share with them while our kids slumber is a true treat.

Getting ready to go visit Cash and Aimee's new house (Scott too).

You never know when it will turn into a toga party.

Our friends Camiguin and Eva were also there with their kids. This is Marigold and Camiguin's youngest, Taz, just lookin for trouble.

A couple weeks later some of the same Mama's plus Anna-Lisa got to visit Kristen, our former high school teacher. Her daughters hosted along side her and acted as pro little kid entertainers. Above, Finn, Marigold and Lucy play piano.

Lucy and Emma read each kid a book on the ipad and showed them the painting ap. Marigold showed everyone her bellybutton.

Cash waited patiently for his turn. That's good practice because he's going to have a little brother in a month and a half.

I am so thankful for this amazing supportive group of women. Sharing motherhood and life stories with them is one of my favorite things.

3 comments:

  1. Such fun play dates. We need to do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read this, I wished I lived in West Seattle! You are such an amazing mama. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mairead! I wish that too. We should plan one on a day you can join. You and Tru are so so wanted in the mix!

    ReplyDelete