Thursday, January 19, 2012

Boom!

You always hear about how fast kids go from babble to talking and that it takes you by surprise. I feel like we're hitting that boom. If you know my kid you know that she's babbled and thought she could talk since always. It's crazy to open my ears and hear all the real words that are amidst that chatter. She loves to address us at the start of her sentence. Example: "Hi Mama! Hi Dada! Oda baga eat? " When Casey got up from the table to get more pasta, I told Marigold just that. When he sat back down she said, "Hi Dada! You goda more pasta?" IT'S BLOWING MY MIND. Casey and I always joke that we underestimate her until she proves us to be the dumb ones. It really is true. She knows all of her letters (she has since 18mo) and can fill in the blanks if I sing ABC and some other children's songs. *Insert disbelief and groans at a parents bragging here. I would too if I hadn't seen it. She's now moved her attention to counting. She's a hungry sponge and self directed. I swear I don't push this stuff. I just go along with her interest. I didn't even know she knew her letters till she started spelling out the titles of her books. What's the most exciting for me is that she's started repeating. She repeats words we say and actions we do. She plays hide and seek, says"rock rock" as she rocks her baby, and makes sounds when she pushes pretend buttons in her kitchen. I melt nightly as I watch her play and show her joy for life to Casey and myself. Sorry for the gush fest but I feel like I need to write it down because I'm terrified to forget. It's going so fast. Is it just going to get faster? My Mom would always say something to the effect of, " I wish I could have you as a baby for just one day." I already feel that way. She's fast tracking to being a big girl and I'm equal parts bursting with pride and frantically searching for the brakes.

2 comments:

  1. It goes so fast and is so filled with joy. One day, you look over at this cute cuddlebug who is wrapped around your arm, saying "I love you, Mama" and you realize your heart is wrapped up for a lifetime. Keep blogging about it. You'll be thankful you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And I know what you mean by time racing by!

    ReplyDelete